Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Soul Current


Out the back

Door of the old wooden shack

Flows a river

Secrets in the air above quiver and shiver

-and with time



For the river cuts deeper

‘Tis a storybook keeper

Each year it learns more but never tells

Of each person, heartbeat, tale, and secret that into its depths has fell

-lessons learned,



Some people would say

The river carries the rocks of broken dreams each day

But I find that is not true

Instead I believe that it carries the hope of all things anew

-adventures taken,



For my story is long

It takes turns, climbs mountains, falls down crevices like each heartbreaking song

And I’m happy to know

That my long winded tale, will always be found in the river come rain or snow

-are added to



I’ve lived long, I’ve lived well

Oh, the stories I could tell

But I’d rather that you write your own

So for now I’ll put my words away so that your own skills you can hone

-the storybook



I was born on a bright sunny day 95 years ago

Then as a young one I played and I ran to and fro

As I grew up I learned more and more of what it truly is to be me

And now as my story comes to a close, I know that my soul will run free

-so, when I die







Age does not scare me

So in death let me be

I’m ready to find my peace of mind

Sweet serenity lulled to forever in time

-the water will always know



My story is long, I find the ending sweet

To die after a life as wondrous as my is really quite a feat

I am happy and at peace, I am ready to rest

This old woman’s body can take no more stress

-who I was.





-and with time, lessons learned, adventures taken, are added to the story book. So, when I die the water will always know who I was.



The river-it carries my soul.




No comments:

Post a Comment