Saturday, June 30, 2012

Into the Ashes


Flames flicker and leap

Shadows dance upon skin

The fire-it molds me

Its touch my payment for my sin



Searing heat burns the flesh from my bones, I am melting away

Choking on smoke as my lungs fill with cinders

Screaming and piercing the air with my words through all this unbearable pain

Losing consciousness until merely the ashes remain



Skin crawling with fire

Flashing through red hot veins

It glints in my eyes

The heat driving me insane



My eyes flutter open, ‘a glimmer of hope

But engulfed by a new flame

I am burnt out



Out the door flies my soul

My body collapses,

But now I am free

Once and for all,

Forever and always,







Gone from memory.







Upward I spiral

My flesh left behind

Through the skies and the clouds flies my soul

And now for myself

A new purpose I set out to find


No comments:

Post a Comment