Saturday, May 18, 2013

But Please, Be Happy


Forgiveness is a medicine of the poisonous sort

The supposed loving but really coarse retort

It runs through your veins like oxygen, a supposed life saver that in the wrong place kills

Then your heart stills

And you’re on your knees begging

Hoping for the best when you don’t even know if this dagger will ever rest,

And every little word you are regretting

Spend your nights lying awake and fretting

Life is a reminder of the deep cutting pain

Despite what Darwin said the weak still remain

Look at all the damn shame and the anger

But maybe someday the passive aggressive undertones will fade, or maybe they’ll just break her

You and me

A freaking poisonous sea

I guess that was another promise I just couldn’t keep

Gosh darn it all maybe that’s why I don’t sleep

I can only hold this green screen up for so long before you see

The manipulation of exaggerations and fabrications that consumes me

And someday soon someone will

Come along and encourage you to spill

Your precious soul

But you just can’t afford to pay his toll

So take one for the money and run for the hills

As it turns out, forgiveness it kills

 

You read like a book but you’re on the wrong line

Suck it up and say it, take your sweet time or take mine

Shine your piteous looks on the stone cold floor

Quite frankly my dear this ordeal is a bore

So please make it worse and all about you

But maybe save the drama for your mama because you know what? I’m through.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment